Who doesn’t want to be hair free? Imagine waking up every day without having to worry about shaving EVER again?!
Well I have a good news for you… This dream is totally affordable, SAFE and it works! I will tell you all about this permanent hair removal solution I tried and adored.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
Let me quickly explain my story with laser hair removal:
It all began last year in Lyon with the institute L&Elles and it was the best experience!
The owner Laurence is such a nice person, she radiates benevolence and immediately helped me be comfortable with the process. Indeed, when having a “dark skin” there is a possibility that your skin doesn’t react as expected to the treatment. It could burn you, or create discoloration of your skin. So you can easily imagine how scared I was, even though I wished it works. Thankfully my skin reacted perfectly well and everything went smoothly for the 2 or 3 sessions we had together. I remember seeing the results after only the 2 first sessions, within 3 weeks! Unfortunately, I moved out of Lyon and couldn’t finish the process. I still highly recommend her institute whenever “Lyonnaises” ask me about this topic. 🙂
Laser hair removal institute is for women who prefer to have it done by professionals but it is slightly more expensive. Count 350€ for 5 sessions at L&Elles. You need 10 sessions minimum to really be done with hair depending on the area you want to treat, so spare around 700€ approximately for this solution.
What I am going to share with you next is far less expensive and you can do it from the privacy and comfort of your home!
AT HOME IPL HAIR REMOVAL
I could tell you all about the options there are out there you can do at home (waxing, shaving, epilator etc..) but none of them offers long lasting results. Plus, waxing hurts like hell (always hated it), and well razors aren’t sexy … but damn efficient. I had my doubts about epilators because the ones I used younger were very painful (fun fact: they were from Braun already!) but then I came across the Braun Silk Epil 9 this summer and my thoughts completely changed. Maybe I could tell you more about it in another blogpost…?
Anyway, last summer I also discovered the Braun Silk Expert 5 IPL during a press trip to London, where I met the genius minds behind this creation and I was immediately attracted by it! Why? Well, the only reason I trusted this machine before trying it was its intelligent SensoAdapt™ Skin Tone Sensor technology! This IPL is the only one that continuously reads your skin tone – 80 times per second! – and automatically adapts the light intensity for best efficacy and safety. If your skin is too dark for example, it just won’t work so it’s completely safe. When you have a naturally tanned skin like mine you know how important this is.
So this IPL device promptly seemed like the ideal solution for me: painless, affordable and offering permanent results. Almost too good to be true! It’s really easy to use, it is safe and it works wonderfully! There is even an app (both on the AppStore and Google Play) with a calendar to help me keep track of my treatments!
15 TIPS & TRICKS
I’ve started using the Braun Silk Expert for a 2 months now and I thought it was time to share my results and special tips with you.
- First, I recommend starting it in Autumn/Winter or even during Spring but make sure you don’t expose you skin to sun without sunscreen SPF30 or more!
- The Start-up phase is 4 to 12 weekly treatments, then you can switch to Maintenance treatment with 1 treatment once a month. In case you no longer see hair growing you don’t need to complete the full 12 weekly treatments. You can switch to the maintenance treatments.
- Since only hairs in their growing phase are susceptible to treatment with light, it is important not to use wax or epilators because it will remove the follicle! ALSO it is useless to use it more than once a week on the same area, it won’t speed up the results and may increase the chances of injury to your skin (or burns…).
- DO NOT USE the Braun Silk Expert on tattoos or birthmarks, black spots, freckles or moles.
- The Braun Silk Expert offers permanent hair reduction after only 3 to 4 treatments (1 treatment per week). I personally planned them every Sunday like this I didn’t miss a treatment. It’s also my Spa/Beauty/Cocooning Day so since I only take care of myself it was easy to include it in my routine. 🙂
- You have to be consistent if you want to see results, so discipline yourself and do it E-VE-RY WEEK. You have to be patient but it’s soooo worth it in the end!
- All you have to do before using the Braun Silk Expert is to shave. I recommend doing it the morning before the treatment.
- You will see permanent results after only 2-3 months, your hair will stop growing but keep on the treatments every two weeks or so, because the longer you treat the areas the better.
- Make yourself comfortable… I prefer to use it at night, put on some music and take 45 minutes to do my legs, the bikini line and the underarms. Count 20 minutes for your legs, less than 10 minutes for your armpits and 10/15 for the bikini line. The legs are really the longest to take care of but the Gliding Mode speeds up the process! All you have to do is keep pressing the button and move the IPL device slowly.
- The Braun Silk Expert has 3 settings: Normal/Gentle/Extra Gentle which allows you to customize your experience. It’s the best feature ever! I started with Extra Gentle and felt absolutely NOTHING. It doesn’t hurt a bit I swear! Then gradually upgraded to Gentle and still felt nothing particular so went to Normal mode and let me reassure you, it is still fine! In comparison to the Institute Laser experience I honestly feel the Braun Silk Expert hurts much less. I would still recommend using the Extra Gentle mode for specific areas such as your face if you plan to use it on your face.
- There’s no magic: the light that pulses from the Braun Silk Expert converts to heat which stimulates the hair root, it puts hair follicles to sleep and breaks the cycle of hair regrowth. Hairs will then fall out naturally and eventually never grow back.
- It is completely SAFE. Developed with expert dermatologists, it is safe, effective, convenient and fast.
- After treatment avoid sun for a week or at least 24 hours and don’t forget to use sunscreens SPF 30 and more. Also avoid spas, saunas or hot tubs. Avoid deodorants and perfumes or scented body creams for the next 24 hours.
- The pain is very bearable, every time you zap in Normal Mode you will feel a slight warm “pinch” for 1 second but really, and coming from me, you can trust me when I say you won’t really feel a thing. It’s less painful than an epilator or waxing… Can you imagine now? So just go for it! 😉
- Men can also use the Braun Silk Expert! Good to know right?!
I really hope this post is useful if you’ve been thinking about purchasing an at-home IPL device, and I sincerely recommend the Braun Silk Expert as a device that works for matt skins, is completely safe to use and very efficient! If just like me you’re very demure about you’re intimacy this is the best option.
Also if some of you try it, let me know!
SHOP THE VENUS SILK EXPERT (FR/CH/UK/INT)
This post was created in collaboration with Braun. All opinions are my own.